MONDAY 12th DECEMBER 2011
KIA ORA, MALO E LELEI, TALOFA LAVA,
FAKAALOFA LAHI ATU,
KIA ORANA,NAMASTE, NI HAO,
Greetings everyone! As Christmas races towards us at an alarming rate, here are some notes and information to make sure you all know what is happening through
to our last day at school on Tuesday 20th December at 3.00pm.
- Year 7/8 Sports Awards – Wednesday 14th at 11.00am
- Year 1/2 Awards – Friday 16th at 9.15am
- Year 3/4/5 Awards – Friday 16th at 11.00am
- Year 7/8 Awards – Friday 16th at 1.30pm
We have negotiated very good prices for your children’s stationery requirements next year, so we would encourage you to buy your children’s books, pens etc. at school next year in February – you will save plenty $$$$. Please note, all stationery sold at the school is in packs for each year level. We will not be selling stationery items separate from these packs at the school office. It is absolutely essential that our students have the correct book for each subject area.
New uniform stocks will be delivered to us in the week before school starts next year (Monday 30th Jan. to Friday 3rd Feb.) and you are welcome to come in during that week to get your children equipped and ready for school. Next year you will be able to buy our new Sports T-Shirt (dri-fit) so that all children are changed appropriately for P.E. & Sports.
We are a big school and as usual each year a few teachers are moving on to new jobs or challenges. This year we say goodbye to Ms. Chinta, Ms. Bhattacharya, Ms. Swarnapuri, Ms. Reddy, Ms. Desai, Ms. Manuyag, Ms. Autagavaia and Ms. Kuresa. At the moment we are welcoming three new teachers to our team – Ms. Naidoo and Ms. Dickinson from Albany University, and Ms. Dempsey from Auckland University.
1. Last week our Primary Athletics Team (Yr 3/4/5/5) competed at the Mangere/Otahuhu Championships, and for the 13th Year in a row brought back the TROPHY to Viscount School. This is an outstanding achievement, due to some excellent P.E. programmes being run by teachers, some enthusiastic coaching done by our Sports Crew, and definitely due to that VISCOUNT SPIRIT that makes us compete hard in everything we enter into!!
2. Also, over the last 2 weeks, our Year 7/8 students competed very strongly, first in the Sth. West Zone Championships and then in the Auckland Championships. We had 20 athletics qualify to compete in the Auckland Champs, outstanding effort for one school!! Our students competed very strongly at the Auckland Champs, having some considerable success:-
- Lovely Lufe – 1st Int. Girls Shotput, 1st Int. Girls Discus
- Fa’amanatuga Lafaele – 1st Sen. Boys Shotput
- Falamani Mafi – 1st Jun. Boys Shotput
- Christine Latu – 3rd Jun.Girls Shotput, 3rd Jun. Girls Discus
- Michael Sega – 2nd Sen. Boys 100m
- Talia Ioasa – 3rd Sen. Boys Long Jump
- Jacob Tamua – 3rd Sen. Boys High Jump
- Sen. Boys 4 x 100m Relay – 2nd in Final
We also had 6 other athletes who came 4th or 5th in their finals!
Well done to all these students – Viscount’s strong tradition in Athletics is definitely alive and kicking!
Already we are all looking forward to the next year at Viscount – school starts on Tuesday 7th February 2012 for all students!
Next year you will get to see the building and development of our new learning environment, ‘VISCOUNT UNLIMITED’ where currently Rooms 1, 2 and 3 are sitting. The new Dental Clinic should be ready for business in March! Developments on our grounds might include installation of a new ‘all weather’ playing surface!
We look forward to working with you all to ensure that your children become powerful learners, and to give them the very best opportunities to test themselves in Sports, Music and the Arts, so that they can move on to the next stages of their lives confidently and competently!
Have a safe and a very Merry Christmas and we will see you in the New Year!