The emerging culture of the Viscount Learning Community
- Classroom environments are stimulating and supportive of learning. They provide a resource for learners and teachers.
- Classrooms will have well established routines and behavioural expectations that refect our emphasis on pro-social behaviours and the learner
- The classroom climate enhances and recognises rewards, effort and achievement.
- When delivering curricular it shall be recognised that students are all different and that they will learn at their own pace. Pupils will often be grouped at their appropriate
level for instruction. Social grouping will also be used. Individualised and differentiated teaching shall be an important strategy.
- Classroom programmes will offer a variety of learning opportunities that shall be mostly based on Inquiry.
- Barriers to learning will be addressed and special needs will be catered for through the classroom and Special Programmes.
- Curriculum Delivery will be supported by stimulating and appropriate resources.
- Learners will be challenged to question, investigate, take risks and become problem solvers.
- Co-operation and collaboration shall be the norm.
- Some specialisation will be used in the delivery of Music, Information Studies, P.E. and Art.
- All classes will do The Reading Hour which includes Shared Reading, Guided Reading and Independent Reading.
- All classes will generally teach Mathematics explicitly. This will include whole class warm up activities, focused guided teaching in ability groups and independent tasks
- All classes will begin the day with Newsboard (9.00am - 9.15am)
- All classes will do Reflection at the end of the day (2.45pm - 3.00pm)